Top Glove Corporation Bhd
(Company No. 199801018294 [474423-X])
Top Glove Media Contact:
+603-3362 3098 Ext 2228
+6016 668 8336
+603-3362 3098 Ext 2234
+6012 265 8973
PRESS RELEASEFor Immediate Release
TOP GLOVE PROVIDES UPDATE ON FIRE INCIDENT AT LUKUT FACTORY
Shah Alam, Monday, 3 April 2023 Top Glove wishes to provide an update on the fire incident that occurred on Thursday, 30th March 2023, at approximately 5:10 PM MYT, at Block A of its Factory 27 in Lukut, Negeri Sembilan:
- The fire was brought under control within approximately an hour and there were no casualties. Other than a section of Block A, all other areas of the factory were not affected, and Block B is still running as usual.
- Orders from the production lines in Block A of Factory 27 have been diverted to Block B as well as another Top Glove factory in Klang, Selangor.
- However, the impact of the fire is minimal, having affected about 1% of the Group’s capacity.
- In the meantime, the Fire Department has given the site clearance approval and the necessary cleaning, repair and restoration work at Block A is underway.
- Top Glove wishes to thank the Fire Department for its prompt action and assistance in this incident.
For further information, please contact Top Glove’s Corporate Communications Department at [email protected].
About Top Glove Corporation Bhd
Top Glove Corporation Bhd is listed on the Bursa Malaysia Stock Exchange Main Board and Singapore Exchange Mainboard. It is also one of the component stocks of the MSCI Global Standard Index, FBM Top 100 Index, FBM Emas Index, FBM Hijrah Syariah Index, FBM Emas Syariah Index and the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) for Emerging Markets. Top Glove is currently the world’s largest manufacturer of gloves with an established corporate culture and good business direction of producing consistently high quality, cost efficient gloves. Top Glove has over 2,000 customers worldwide and exports to more than 195 countries.
Summary of key information:
MORE Press Releases
TOP GLOVE INCLUDED ON DOW JONES SUSTAINABILITY INDICES (DJSI) FOR FIFTH CONSECUTIVE YEAR AND ACHIEVES ENHANCED SCORE IN FTSE RUSSELL ESG RATINGS
TOP GLOVE’S MANGROVE PLANTING INITIATIVE NURTURES SUSTAINABLE FUTURE AT SIJANGKANG MANGROVE RECREATIONAL PARK